Salt-river sentence example
- The remainder of the state which lies east of the Tennessee river is divided into the Highland Rim Plateau and a lowland basin, eroded in the Highland Rim Plateau and known as the Blue Grass Region; this region is separated from the Highland Rim Plateau by a semicircular escarpment extending from Portsmouth, Ohio, at the mouth of the Scioto river, to the mouth of the Salt river below Louisville; it is bounded north by the Ohio river.
- A colony of Roman Catholic immigrants from Maryland settled in 1787 along the Salt river about 50 m.
- Ostrich farms have been successfully established in the Salt river valley since 1893; in 1 9 07 there were six farms in the Salt river valley, on which there were about 1354 birds; the most successful food for the ostrich is alfalfa.
- The valleys of the Salt river and its affluents, the Agua Fria, Verde and Tonto, are strewn with aboriginal remains; but especially important in migrations of culture was the Little Colorado.
- This, the Groote river of Cape Colony, has its rise in the Nieuwveld near Nels Poort, being known in its upper course as the Salt river.Advertisement
- Great Salt river is formed by the junction of the Kat with the Great Fish river, which is the main stream.
- A concrete effluent channel borders the site, bringing water from a nearby wastewater treatment plant to the Salt River.