Salt-marsh sentence example
- above its dissipation in the great salt-marsh of Matkh.
- as Chotts; and on the saline soils surrounding the Chotts, a salt marsh formation occurs, with species of Salicornia, some of which are undershrubs.
- Near the mouth of the latter was a lake called Caprias, mentioned by Strabo; but it is now a mere salt marsh.
- Like other salt marsh plants sea aster has several adaptations typical of plants found in dry places.
- They are found on heath, salt marsh and open scrub, where they can find goldfinch, linnet or meadow pipit.Advertisement
- The salt marsh had lots of small brown birds, mainly Larks.
- In Roman times it was a tidal salt marsh becoming meadowland in the middle ages, gradually extending in area as the Dee silted.
- First posts A line of 10 posts cutting across a channel in Somerset may be part of an ancient salt marsh fish weir.
- Hill, Observations on the Osmotic Properties of th Root-Hairs of certain Salt Marsh Plants, in The New Phytologia (1908), vol.
- Inside the railroad bridge is an area of salt marsh vegetation - a habitat not common locally.Advertisement
- The main areas of salt marsh affected were those seaward of the Cleddau bridge, which spans the haven immediately east of Pembroke Dock.
- Access to the salt marsh area inside the railroad bridge is restricted as it is managed as a wildlife refuge.