Salmon-and-trout sentence example
- The town is a centre for salmon and trout fishing on the Blackwater and its tributary the Funshion.
- The Lake Tahoe region is famous for its salmon and trout catches, and Tahoe Pines is conveniently located near a number of first-rate fishing spots.
- The river Clady, running past the village from the Nacung Loughs, affords salmon and trout fishing.
- The boxes are available in salmon and trout sizes and are made from mahogany, oak, English elm or American black walnut.
- In the 17th and 18th century salmon and trout were so numerous, they were taken to supply markets as far away as London.Advertisement
- Macroom has trade in corn-milling, leather-work and dairy produce, and is a good centre for salmon and trout fishing.
- The Wye, the Usk, the Dee, the Dovey, the Teifi, the Towy and most of the Welsh rivers and lakes are frequented by anglers for salmon and trout.
- The English freshwater fisheries are not of great commercial importance, nor, from the point of view of sport, are the salmon and trout fisheries as a whole of equal importance with Fresh- those of Scotland, Ireland or Wales.
- Lampreys, sticklebacks, cattoids, sturgeons - the white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) is commonly known as the "Oregon sturgeon" - trout and salmon are the principal anadromous fish, the salmon and trout being the most important economically.