Salmo sentence example
- The little Lake Frolikha, situated close to the northern extremity of Lake Baikal and communicating with it by means of a river of the same name, contains a peculiar species of trout, Salmo erythreas, which is not known elsewhere.
- Genera: Cobitis, Amia, Silurus, Zeuthis, Loricaria, Salmo, Fistularia, Esox, Elops, Argentina, Atherina, Mugil, Mormyrus, Exocoetus, Polynemus, Clupea, Cyprinus.
- Gesundheitsamte (1907), 26, p. 83, 4 pls; (55) Valentin, " U ber ein Entozoon im Blute von Salmo fario, " Muller's Arch., 4 1, P. 435; (56) O.
- It is famous for the Loch Leven trout (Salmo levenensis, considered by some a variety of S.
- These are the common trout and sea-trout (Salmo fario and S.Advertisement
- huso); sheat-fish or silure, simm, summ (Silurus glanis); salmon, azad mahi (Salmo solar); trout, maseh (Salmo trutta); carp, kupur (Cyprinus ballerus and C. car pio); bream, subulu (Abramis brama); pike-perch, mahi safid(Perca lucsoperca or Lucioperca sandra).
- Only two species of fish are of any importance - the goltzy (Salmo alpinus) in the western rivers, and the omul (Salmo omul) in the eastern.
- The river supports a brown trout (Salmo trutta) fishery with good spawning beds.
- The waters of the lake swarm with fish (sturgeons and salmonidae), and its herring (Salmo omul) is the chief product of the fisheries, though notably fewer have been taken within the last forty or fifty years.