Salisbury plain sentence example
- Some of these experiments were made on Salisbury Plain and others in the Bristol Channel between Lavernock and Flat Holm and Bream Down in 1897.
- 12039 of 1896) brought forward the idea of focusing a beam of electric radiation for telegraphic purposes on a distant station by means of parabolic mirrors, and tried this method successfully on Salisbury Plain up to a distance of about a couple of miles.
- It stands on a wooded upland, amid the chalk downs of Salisbury Plain.
- At this point the oldest track went across Salisbury Plain towards Stonehenge and so on to Cornwall.
- It lies in the valley of the Calne, and is surrounded by the high table-land of Salisbury Plain and the Marlborough Downs.Advertisement
- The acquisition of Salisbury Plain by the war office for military purposes seemed likely, again, to add to the risk of harm from thoughtless visitors.
- Downs, the Dorsetshire heights and Salisbury Plain.
- More of Salisbury Plain 's fascinating history was revealed in an excavation by Channel 4's Time Team, see page 58.