Saline-solution sentence example
- As Gay-Lussac and Humboldt showed in 1805, gases are absorbed in less amount by a saline solution than by pure water.
- Should Algosteril adhere to the wound surface, simply moisten with saline solution to remove.
- Transfusion of blood directly from the vein of a healthy person to the blood-vessels of the patient, and infusion of saline solution into a vein, may be practised (see Shock).
- Use an eye bath with a simple saline solution to wash out your socket.
- You can purchase a saline solution for your contacts from any drugstore.Advertisement
- However, if they start to hamper vision significantly, there is a vitrectomy procedure where surgeons can remove the gel substance from your eyeball and replace it with saline solution.
- This technique, which is known as gastric lavage, involves introducing 20 to 30 mL of tap water or 9 percent saline solution into the person's digestive tract and removing the stomach contents with a siphon or syringe.
- A typical battery of tests may involve two dozen allergen drops, including a drop of saline solution that should never provoke a reaction (negative control) and a drop of histamine that should always provoke a reaction (positive control).
- The doctor will then irrigate, or flush, the wound with saline solution forced through a syringe.
- If it is not possible to replace the tooth in the socket, the tooth should immediately be placed in milk, saliva, or cool water with a pinch of saline solution (not contact lens solution or plain water).Advertisement
- The doctor then irrigates, or flushes, the wound with saline solution forced through a syringe under pressure.
- Basic aftercare consists of washing and soaking the piercing carefully in a saline solution.
- Washing daily with a gentle soap and soaking in a mild saline solution will help speed up the healing and alleviate discomfort.
- Proper aftercare includes washing once a day with plain, unscented and dye-free soap and soaking in a saline solution made of 1/8th of a teaspoon of non-iodized salt to 8 ounces of water.
- You may also choose to soak your piercing in a diluted, warm saline solution that can ease any lingering discomfort and help draw out lymph and waste.Advertisement
- Soak your piercing in a mild, warm saline solution once a day to loosen dried lymph and draw out waste.
- A prepackaged, plain saline solution or salt soak is used to ease the piercing and draw out waste.