Salado sentence example
- The lower course of the Desaguadero is known as the Salado because of the .brackish character of its water.
- The largest of the rivers through which Argentina drains into the Plata system are the Pilcomayo, which rises in Bolivia and flows south-east along the Argentine frontier for about 400 m.; the Bermejo, which rises on the northern frontier and flows south-east into the Paraguay; and the Salado del Norte (called Rio del Juramento in its upper course), which rises on the high mountain slopes of western Salta and flows south-east into the Parana.
- Other river ports, of less importance, are Concordia on the Uruguay river, San Nicolas and Campana on the Parana river, Santa Fe on the Salado, a few miles from the Parana, the city of Parana on the Parana river, and Gualeguay on the Gualeguay river.
- There are many rivers and streams, notably the Salado, Pesqueria and Presas, but none is navigable within the state, though many furnish good water power.
- The rival party then called in the Spaniards, by whom Arouj was expelled and slain while fleeing at the Rio Salado.Advertisement
- The Salado (called Pasage, and Juramento in Salta) crosses the province from N.W.
- Its larger Mexican tributaries are the Rio de los Conchos, Salado and Pesqueria.
- (1312-1350) is variously known among Spanish kings as the Avenger or the Implacable, and as "he of the Rio Salado."
- The Rio Quinto has its sources in these ranges; the Desaguadero, or Salado, forms its western boundary; and the Conlara flows northward among its broken ranges to the great salinas of western Cordoba.
- Immediately west of the Guayas river the Estero Salado, which comprises a great many shallow tide-water channels, or bayous, penetrates as far inland as Guayaquil, but is used only by canoes.Advertisement
- The city is built on a comparatively level pajonal or savanna, extending southward from the base of three low hills, called Los Cerros de la Cruz, between the river and the partially filled waters of the Estero Salado.
- In the victory won by the Christians on the banks of the river Salado, near Tarifa, he earned his title of Alphonso the Brave (1340).
- Epic poetry in Portugal developed much later than lyric, but the signal victory of the united Christian hosts over the Moors at the battle of the Salado in 1340 gave occasion to an epic by Alphonso Giraldes of which some fragments remain.
- That peril did not cease till the defeat of the last formidable African invader at the battle of the Rio Salado in 1340.
- After another minority of confusion, Alphonso, surnamed of the Rio Salado, from the great Alphonse victory he won over an invading host from Africa, XI., 1312ruled with energy and real political capacity.Advertisement
- Accents of Salado - Tuscan design ideas and decorating accessories.
- Salado, Texas, is tucked between Austin and Dallas on Interstate 35.
- Salado puts on festive airs during the Christmas shopping season, with Victorian carolers, parades and carriage rides.