Saith sentence example
- The word of God carries its own evidence with it in its searching force and fire: "Is not my word like as a fire, saith Yahweh, and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces ?"
- He saith, When ye shall be stripped and not be ashamed..
- He saith unto him, I am clean; for I washed in the pool of David and having descended by one staircase, I ascended by another and I put on white and clean garments, and then I came and looked upon these holy vessels.
- The prophets use the formula, " Thus saith the Lord," but he goes beyond them and speaks in his own name, " Amen, I say unto you."
- The inscriptions are composed in the three languages which are written with cuneiform signs, and were used in all official inscriptions of the Achaemenian kings: the chief place 1 A passage in the inscription runs: - "Thus saith Darius the king: That which I have done I have done altogether by the grace of Ahuramazda.Advertisement
- And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
- Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men ' .
- Well, in the holy of holies, saith the apostle, there was the golden censer and the mercy-seat: Heb. ix.
- Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the lord of hosts.
- That's what Paul said to Timothy: ' The scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn.Advertisement
- Then saith He unto them, My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death.
- Isa 55:3 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Acts 3.14 Then saith he unto them my soul is exceeding sorrowfull even unto death tarry ye here & watch with me.
- As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
- Acts 3.14 Then saith he unto y m my soul is exceeding sorrowfull even unto death tarry ye here & watch w th me.Advertisement