Saintes sentence example
- The state railways served a large portion of western France, their chief lines being from Nantes via La Rochelle to Bordeaux, and from Bordeauxvia Saintes, Niort and Saumur to Chartres.
- In 1881 he presented himself as a political candidate for Saintes, but was defeated.
- In 1606 he was vicar-general of the congregation of France, and received from Marie de' Medici the revenues of the sees of Lombez and Saintes.
- In Aquitaine he gave his brother Charibert the administration of the counties of Toulouse, Cahors, Agen, Perigueux, and Saintes; but at Charibert's death in 632 Dagobert became sole ruler of the whole of the Frankish territories south of the Loire.
- On the death of Charibert (567), he further obtained the civitates of Saintes, Angoulbme and Perigueux.Advertisement
- twice within two days, at Taillebourg and at Saintes,and obliged him to demand a truce (1242).
- He was removed to Saintes, and thence escaped to Bordeaux, where he lived in concealment for several years.
- In 1852 he published his Histoire de la theologie chretienne au siecle apostolique, which was followed in 1863 by L' Histoire du canon des saintes ecritures dans l'eglise chretienne.