Sainted sentence example
- Examples of reduplication are - ajar-ajar, a sainted person; ajar-berajar (or belajar), to be learning and teaching by turns; similarly there are forms like ajar-mengajar, berajar-ajaran, ajar-ajari, memperajar, memperajarkan, memperajari, terbklajarkan, perbelajarkan, &c. Altogether there are upwards of a hundred possible derivative forms, in the idiomatic use of which the Malays exhibit much skill.
- But soon you 'd be home, and nagging your sainted mother for an empty shoe-box.
- We took our shoes off, of course, then strolled around the sainted place.
- The Wassermann twins, sainted boys according to the stilted account, had been all but ignored, according to the writer, Linda Segal, a name Dean didn't recognize.
- My sainted daddy used to say there are two things in life you don't want to see, sausage being made and laws being passed.Advertisement
- Of her twelve or thirteen children, six had died, and Louis, the heir - afterwards the sainted Louis IX., - was but twelve years old.
- But this laudation of times past concentrates itself almost wholly on the person of the sainted king whom, while with feudal independence he had declined to swear fealty to him, "because I was not his man," he evidently regarded with an unlimited reverence.