Saint-pierre sentence example
- The chief relic is a gateway flanked by massive round towers, known as the Porte Saint-Pierre.
- His style was taken up by Bernardin de Saint Pierre and by Chateaubriand.
- His father was bailli of the Cotentin, and Saint-Pierre was educated by the Jesuits.
- Saint-Pierre's works are almost entirely occupied with an acute though generally visionary criticism of politics, law and social institutions.
- Unlike the later reforming abbes of the philosophe period, Saint-Pierre was a man of very unworldly character and quite destitute of the Frondeur spirit.Advertisement
- He could only carry the picturesque sentimentalism of Rousseau, Bernardin de Saint Pierre and Chateaubriand a little farther, and clothe it in language and verse a little less antiquated than that of Chenedolle and Millevoye.