Saint martin sentence example
- The mysticism of William Law (1686-1761) and of Louis Claude de Saint Martin in France (1743-1803), who were also students of Boehme, is of a much more elevated and spiritual type.
- Elie DECAZES, Duc (1780-1860), French statesman, was born at Saint Martin de Laye in the Gironde.
- He was the coachman of the fiacre which drove the royal family from the Carrousel to the Porte Saint-Martin.
- Saint-Martin, Memoires historiques et geographiques sur l'Armenie (Paris, 1818).
- In April 1644 he attacked the Portuguese island of Saint Martin and was wounded; he had to return to Holland, and there one of his legs was amputated.Advertisement
- GUILLAUME D ESTOUTEVILLE' (1403-1483), French ecclesiastic, was bishop of Angers, of Digne, of Porto and Santa Rufina, of Ostia and Velletri, archbishop of Rouen, prior of Saint Martin des Champs, abbot of Mont St Michel, of St Ouen at Rouen, and of Montebourg.
- Since the first published text 3 contains names like " Russians " and " Crimea," Saint Martin in his edition 4 denied that it was written by Moses, and assigned its origin to the 10th century.
- Finally chance gave him an opportunity to show his talents, and at the Porte Saint Martin he became the popular interpreter of romantic drama of the Alexandre Dumas type.
- 164), it was replaced on the coinage by Aramaic. Another Babylonian dynast must have See Saint-Martin, Recherches sur la Mshne et la Characne (1838); Reinaud, Membires sur le royaume de la Mshne (1861); E.
- Louis Claude de Saint-Martin >>Advertisement
- Thenceforward it was in the name of Christ that persecutions took place in an Empire now entirely won over to Christianity, In Gaul the most famous leader of this first merciless, if still perilous crusade, was a soldier-monk, Saint Martin of Tours.
- In 1771 Saint-Martin left the army to become a preacher of mysticism.
- Saint-Martin regarded the French Revolution as a sermon in action, if not indeed a miniature of the last judgment.
- Caro, Essai sur la vie et la doctrine de Saint-Martin (1852); Sainte-Beuve, Causeries du lundi, x.
- Matter, Saint-Martin, le philosophe inconnu (1862); A.Advertisement
- Waite, The Life of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin (1901).