Saint joseph sentence example
- Power in the Melanges de la faculte orientate de l'universite Saint-Joseph, Beirut, 1906).
- BENTON HARBOR, a city of Berrien county, Michigan, U.S.A., on the Saint Joseph river, about 1 m.
- SAINT JOSEPH, a city and the county-seat of Berrien county, Michigan, U.S.A., on Lake Michigan at the mouth of the Saint Joseph river, near the S.W.
- Two Jesuits, Raymbault and Jogues, visited the site of Sault Sainte Marie as early as 1641 for the conversion of the Chippewas; in 1668 Marquette founded there the first permanent settlement within the state; three years later he had founded a mission among the Hurons at Michilimackinac; La Salle built a fort at the mouth of the Saint Joseph in 1679; and in 1701 Cadillac founded Detroit as an important point for the French control of the fur trade.
- Detroit was besieged for five months and both Michilimackinac and Saint Joseph were taken.Advertisement
- Only one place is listed, The Patio Restaurant at 210 Saint Joseph Avenue.