Saint-john sentence example
- Such restriction is clearly implied in the words "except when that (Benedictus) shall happen to be read in the chapter for the day, or for the Gospel on Saint John Baptist's day," which were inserted in 1662.
- The township of Saint Johnsbury was granted to Dr Jonathan Arnold (1741-1793)" and associates in 1786; in the same year a settlement was established and the place was named in honour of Jean Hector Saint John de Crevecoeur (1731-1813), who wrote Letters of an American Farmer (1782), a glowing description of America, which brought thither many immigrants, and who introduced potato planting into France.
- In 1530 the Sicilian island of Malta became the shelter of the Knights of Saint John driven by the Turk from Rhodes, and Sicily has received several colonies of Christian Albanians, who have replaced Greek and Arabic by yet another tongue.
- Ferdinand died on the feast of Saint John the Evangelist, the 24th of June 1065, in Leon, with many manifestations of ardent piety - having laid aside his crown and royal mantle, dressed in the frock of a monk and lying on a bier, covered with ashes, which was placed before the altar of the church of Saint Isidore.
- The principal river systems of Maine are the Saint John on the north slope, and the Penobscot, the Kennebec, the Androscoggin, and the Saco on the south slope.Advertisement
- The Episcopal Church of Scotland has 3 sisterhoods; and they are found also at Toronto, " Saint John the Divine "; Brisbane, " Sacred Advent 91; Grahamstown, " Resurrection "; Bloemfontein, " St Michael and All Angels "; Maritzburg, " Saint John the Divine."
- (See SAINT JOHN OF JERUSALEM, KNIGI1TS OF.)
- Soon afterwards the Knights of Saint John established themselves in the town, but failed to conquer the citadel.
- Chateau lake Louise to leave the triumph saint john.
- Continental breakfast in saint john is ss norway and to fall peter.Advertisement