Sailcloth sentence example
- The principal articles of manufacture have long been sailcloth, cordage, linen and fishing-nets.
- The industries include the spinning of jute, flax, hemp and cotton, iron-founding, brewing, and the manufacture of machinery, fishing-nets, sailcloth, sacks, casks, and soap. There are also saw-and flour-mills, petroleum refineries and oil-works.
- The principal industries include manufactures of linen and sailcloth, bleaching, rope-making, brewing, distilling, paper-making, in addition to nurseries and freestone quarries.
- Small vessels, with thin masts, light rigging & sailcloth, & a lower freeboard need less wind & smaller waves.
- He came from Dundee, where he was born in 1804, and opened a business making sailcloth in Gothenburg.Advertisement
- sailcloth manufacturers are not shown to be in Yeovil, rope and twine, and sack and sacking manufacturers are included.
- However, tho sailcloth manufacturers are not shown to be in Yeovil, rope and twine, and sack and sacking manufacturers are included.
- The flax and forests of its extensive territory are mentioned by classical authors, and we find Tarquinii offering to furnish Scipio with sailcloth in 195 B.C. A bishop of Tarquinii is mentioned in A.D.
- In 1890 the operatives in the jute and hemp industry numbered 39,885, and in 1901 they were (including workers in canvas, sacking, sailcloth, rope, twine, mats, cocoa fibre) 46,550.
- Other important industries include the making of boilers, steam-engines, locomotives, anchors, chain-cables, sailcloth, ropes, paper, woollen and worsted goods, besides general engineering, an aluminium factory, a flax-spinning mill, distilleries and an oil-refinery.Advertisement
- Some shipbuilding is carried on, and there are manufacturers of cordage, netting and sailcloth.
- The leading industries include the manufacture of sailcloth, canvas and coarse linens, tanning, boot and shoe making, and bleaching, besides engineering works, iron foundries, chemical works, shipbuilding and fisheries.
- Add a few scale models of pirate ships displayed on floating shelves and some canvas bedding or a window treatment that looks like sailcloth.
- Use heavy weight fabric like denim, heavy-weight canvas, chenille, Matelasse, sailcloth or tapestry to cover furniture.