Saida sentence example
- The distinctive Latakia tobacco is produced in the province of Saida in northern Syria.
- (from the boundary of the sanjak of Tripoli to that of the caza of Saida), and has a mean breadth of about 28 m.
- Rhaetic beds (Infra Lias), consisting of dolomites and siliceous limestones, have been recognized at Saida.
- This railway passes Saida (6256), 106 m.
- One after the other, all the magazines of the amir - those at Takdempt, Boghar, Taza, Saida and Sebdu - were taken and destroyed.Advertisement
- Syrian region from the edge of the Antioch plain to Acre, with part of the eastern desert, dominated by his castle at Tadmor (Palmyra), and the important towns of Latakia, Tripoli, Beirut and Saida; and forming further ambitious designs, he intrigued with Christians and broke with the Turks.
- He landed again at Saida in 1619 and recovered his old position.
- Haidar Shehab, third of the line, inflicted a notable defeat on the pasha of Saida (capital of an Ottoman eyalet since 1688) and the Yemenite Druses at Ain Dara, near Zahleh, in 1711, and proceeded to consolidate Shehab power, breaking up the old feudal society and substituting for the sheikhs mukatajis (tax-contractors), who had penal jurisdiction.