Sahel sentence example
- On the west the plateau known as Sahel el-Ahma terminates in precipices 1700 ft.
- The Sahel has been affected by food security problems for several decades.
- It is situated on the west side of a bay of the Mediterranean, to which it gives its name, in 36° 47' N., 3° 4' E., and is built on the slopes of the Sahel, a chain of hills parallel to the coast.
- SAHEL (Arabic for "shore"); a common place-name in countries where Arabic is the dominant language.
- By sahel any coast belt may be indicated, but the name has become the definite designation of certain districts, e.g.Advertisement
- East of the Buttauf extends the basaltic plateau called Sahel el Ahma ("the inaccessible plain"), rising 1700 ft.
- The park contains mainly guinea savanna woodland and therefore has a similar variety of bird species to other countries of the sahel region.
- It is situated on the west side of a bay of the Mediterranean, to which it gives its name, in 36Ã‚° 47' N., 3Ã‚° 4' E., and is built on the slopes of the Sahel, a chain of hills parallel to the coast.
- The houses being seemingly embowered in the luxuriant verdure of the Sahel, the effect is imposing and picturesque, and has given rise to the Arab comparison of the town to a diamond set in an emerald frame.
- Sahel thus understood comprises regions which form the inter mediate zone between the fertile lands of the Sudan and the desert.Advertisement
- Then came the continuation of the line from Hamman-el-Enf to Hammamet and along the Sahel to Susa (93 m.), and the building of a line from Susa to Kairwan, 31 m.
- Eastward the country falls to the level of the Ghor by a succession of steps, among which the lava-covered Sahel el-Ahma may be mentioned, which lies west of the cliffs overhanging the Sea of Galilee.
- The Sahel.
- To the Pliocene period the marine deposits of the Sahel of Algiers and of the Sahel Jijelli must be attributed; also the lacustrine marls and limestone of the basin of Constantine, and the ancient alluviums of the basins and depressions which bear no relation to the existing valleys.
- Enfidaville is the chief settlement on the Enfida estate, a property of over 300,000 acres in the Sahel district of Tunisia, forming a rectangle between the towns of Hammamet, Susa, Kairawan and Zaghwan.Advertisement
- South of the Jurjura and separated from it by the valley of the Sahel, is the Biban range with a famous double pass of the same name, through which alone access is gained to the highlands beyond.
- The Sahel (about ioo m.