Safety-lamps sentence example
- Where large quantities of fire-damp are present, safety-lamps of approved pattern must be used and carefully inspected daily.
- Where the gases are fiery, the use of protected lights or safety lamps (q.v.) becomes a necessity.
- Two further papers read in January 1816 explained the employment of wire gauze instead of narrow tubes, and later in the year the safety lamps were brought into use in the mines.
- For lighting only approved safety lamps should be used, and blasting operations should be performed with " Permitted " explosives only.
- It appears that the flame safety lamps produced in the 1890s were not totally safe.Advertisement
- Mining laws have proved chiefly serviceable in securing the introduction of efficient ventilation, the use of safety-lamps, and of proper explosives, to lessen the danger from fire-damp and coal-dust in the coal-mines, the inspection of machinery for hoisting and haulage, and prevention of accidents due to imperfection in design or in working the machinery.