Safe-keeping sentence example
- On the outbreak of the Civil War, after visiting Conway in the Royalist interest, he joined the king at Oxford; he then returned to Wales, and finding that Sir John Owen, acting on Charles's orders, had seized certain property in Conway Castle that had been deposited with the archbishop for safe-keeping, he went over to the Parliamentary side and assisted in the recapture of Conway Castle in November 1646.
- He was deposed on April 2 7, and sent to Salonika for internment and safe-keeping; and his successor, as Sultan Murad V., was proclaimed the same day.
- In December 1763 six Christian Indians, Conestogas, were massacred by the " Paxton boys " from Paxton near the present Harrisburg; the Indians who had escaped were taken to Lancaster for safe keeping but were seized and killed by the " Paxton boys," who with other backwoodsmen marched upon Philadelphia early in 1764, but Quakers and Germans gathered quickly to protect it and civil war was averted, largely by the diplomacy of Franklin.
- Scotland was never again to hold Berwick for any length of time: meanwhile a few castles stood out, but the child king was sent over to France for safe keeping.
- drain plugs in the pump basket for safe keeping.Advertisement
- holde Hospital cannot be held responsible for losses of money or valuables not handed in for safe keeping.
- Don't leave them with hotel porters for safe keeping.
- His successor, Alexander VI., used him for a more questionable purpose, namely, not only to extract the arrears of the pension due for Jem's safe-keeping, but, by enlarging on Charles V.'s intention of setting him up as sultan, to persuade Bayezid to aid him against the emperor.
- His mother unlocked her cabinet and took the precious volume from its place of safe keeping.
- Printing a chord chart allows even a new player to play wherever he or she likes, and it can even be downloaded to your computer for safe keeping.Advertisement
- Cannery workers are responsible for packaging food for safe keeping.
- This bi-fold wallet measures four and 1/8 inches wide by five and 1/8 inches high, and is packaged in a smart box that is perfect for gift giving or simply to use as storage for safe keeping.
- He and Mikaela located a splinter from the destroyed AllSpark, but he turned it over to her for safe keeping.