Sadi sentence example
- After the resignation of President Grevy (2nd of December 1887), he was a candidate for the presidency of the republic, but the radicals refused to support him, and he withdrew in favour of Sadi Carnot.
- Sadi Carnot.
- Rankine was the earliest of the three founders of the modern science of Thermodynamics on the bases laid by Sadi Carnot and J.
- SADI NICOLAS LEONHARD CARNOT (1796-1832), French physicist, elder son of L.
- But Waterloo and the Restoration led to a second and final proscription of his father; and though not himself cashiered, Sadi was purposely told off for the merest drudgeries of his service.Advertisement
- His sons, Sadi and L.
- Marie Francois Sadi Carnot >>
- Mayer entirely ignored the grand fundamental principle laid down by Sadi Carnot - that nothing can be concluded as to the relation between heat and work from an experiment in which the working substance is left at the end of an operation in a different physical state from that in which it was at the commencement.
- He built the great bazaar of Shiraz, had a tomb constructed over the remains of Hafiz, and repaired the turbat at the grave of Sadi, outside the walls.
- In strong contrast to these advanced 5ufls stands the greatest moral teacher of Persia, Sheikh SadI of Shirz (died about i,c lunar years old in 1292; 691 AlL; see SAD!), whose two best known works are the Bstan, or Fruit-garden, and the Gulislo.n, or Rose-garden.Advertisement
- MARIE FRANCOIS SADI CARNOT (1837-1894), fourth president of the third French Republic, son of L.
- Sadi Nicolas Leonhard Carnot >>
- Sadi Carnot with the conclusions of Count Rumford, Sir H.