Saddleback sentence example
- In the mountains of British Columbia are the bighorn or Rocky Mountain sheep and the Rocky Mountain goat, while the saddleback and white mountain sheep have recently been discovered in the northern Cordillera.
- The remains of the abbey chiefly consist of the shell of the beautiful Cruciform church, with a central saddleback tower rising from the transepts to a height of over 90 ft., and a graceful rose window at the west end of the nave.
- South-west of Katandin, in Franklin county, are most of the other high peaks of the state: Saddleback Mountain (4000 ft.), Mt Abraham (3388 ft.), Mt Bigelow (3600 ft.), and Mt Blue (3200 ft.).
- In 1967 the breed was finally amalgamated with the Wessex Saddleback forming the pig we now know as the British Saddleback.
- It drains north by St John's Vale into the Greta, north of which again rises a mountain-group of which the chief summits are Saddleback or Blencathra (2847 ft.) and the graceful peak of Skiddaw (3054).Advertisement
- The unusual saddleback tower that still exists dates from this time.
- The bell turret rises directly from the gable end; two-tiered with a saddleback roof; small apertures with sandstone dressings.
- Other carvings depict the rare breeds housed at the Tower including a saddleback pig, soay sheep and a dexter cow.