Sadder sentence example
- We have no idea who the disciple may have been who thus seized upon the sadder elements of the teaching of Jesus; but we may well think of him as one of those who were living in Palestine in the dark and threatening years of internecine strife, when the Roman eagles were gathering round their prey, and the first thunder was muttering of the storm which was to leave Jerusalem a heap of stones.
- On his return to France, a sadder and practically a wiser man, he settled down to very prosaic work.
- To me, this makes the problem of hunger that much sadder in the present—to realize that the planet has enough food, just not enough generosity.
- is infinitely sadder.
- Nothing is truer or sadder.Advertisement
- It is sad to see it taken over, and sadder still to see republicanism win such an easy victory.
- "I'm sorry," he said, looking sadder than I'd ever seen him.
- These poems about teenage love written by teens cover all categories of love--from happy poems about a new relationship to sadder pieces about lost love.
- Adam Chandler leaves Pine Valley a sadder place for he will be missed by his many fans.
- Cline's mournful vocals make a sad, desperate song even sadder and are the icing on the cake of a classic love song.Advertisement
- Oh, there was the occasional hint that the mixed-gender crew might fall in love and even marry (See Balance of Terror), but this was usually for dramatic purposes - a young groom suddenly dead is sadder than the death of a random red shirt.
- The north and east owned a terrific influence, making all pain more poignant, all sorrow sadder.