Sacramento-river sentence example
- More important is San Francisco Bay, situated about midway on the Pacific coast of the United States, the result of a moderate depression whereby a transverse valley, formerly followed by Sacramento river through the outermost of the Coast ranges, has been converted into a narrow straitthe Golden Gate and a wider intermont longitudinal valley has been flooded, forming the expansion of the inner bay.
- The Feather, emptying into the Sacramento river about 20 m.
- of the city of Sacramento, is the most important tributary of the Sacramento river.
- A third of her fish comes from the Sacramento river.
- Goose Lake, for example, lies in the Great Basin at some seasons; but at other times it overflows and becomes a part of the drainage system of the Sacramento river.Advertisement