Sabal sentence example
- Amongst palms the Corypheae are represented by Sabal and Thrinax, and there is a solitary Za,nza amongst Cycads.
- The following genera are among those most commonly cultivated: Acanthophoenix Chamaerops Martinezia Acanthorhiza Cocos Oreodoxa Areca Corypha Phoenix Bactris Geonoma Pritchardia Brahea Hyophorbe Rhapis Calamus Kentia Sabal Caryota Latania Stevensonia Ceroxylon Livistonia Thrinax Chamaedorea Ferns.
- Callitris (2 species), Sequoia, Athrotaxis (?) Ginkgo, Podocarpus, Pinus; and several genera of palms, of which the tropical Nipa is the most abundant and most characteristic, among the others being fan-palms of the genera Sabal and Chamaerops.
- The leaves of Sabal palmetto, the thatch or palmetto palm, are used for thatching.
- Cabbage palm (Sabal palmetto): Also reaching heights of 80 to even 90 feet, this adaptable tree is the state tree of Florida.Advertisement