Sabal sentence example
- Amongst palms the Corypheae are represented by Sabal and Thrinax, and there is a solitary Za,nza amongst Cycads.
- Among these may be noticed thin strips of willow and cane and the fronds of numerous palms. "Brazilian" hats made from the fronds of the palmetto palms, Sabal palmetto and S.
- The following genera are among those most commonly cultivated: Acanthophoenix Chamaerops Martinezia Acanthorhiza Cocos Oreodoxa Areca Corypha Phoenix Bactris Geonoma Pritchardia Brahea Hyophorbe Rhapis Calamus Kentia Sabal Caryota Latania Stevensonia Ceroxylon Livistonia Thrinax Chamaedorea Ferns.
- PALMETTO, in botany, a popular name for Sabal Palmetto, the Palmetto palm, a native of the southern United States, especially in Florida.
- Callitris (2 species), Sequoia, Athrotaxis (?) Ginkgo, Podocarpus, Pinus; and several genera of palms, of which the tropical Nipa is the most abundant and most characteristic, among the others being fan-palms of the genera Sabal and Chamaerops.Advertisement
- diem Lanzaeanum, which last has a very wide toc range in time; Monocotyledons, by a Sabal and a feather-palm, as well as by the two aquatic genera above mentioned; Gymnosperms, by the extinct araucarian genus Doliostrobus, by rare pine-cones, and by Athrotaxis.
- The palms include Sabal haeringiana, S.
- The leaves of Sabal palmetto, the thatch or palmetto palm, are used for thatching.
- Cabbage palm (Sabal palmetto): Also reaching heights of 80 to even 90 feet, this adaptable tree is the state tree of Florida.