Rubber-trees sentence example
- There are considerable forests of oil palms, rubber trees and vines, and timber and dyewood trees.
- The Nidi forest is noteworthy for its magnificent growth of Funtumia rubber trees.
- The enormous increase in the commercial demand for rubber and the probability of the continuance of this increase in view of the great variety of purposes to which the material can be applied, has led to great activity in rubber planting in other parts of the world, especially in Ceylon and the Malay Peninsula and Archipelago, where the Para rubber trees (Hevea brasiliensis) has been successfully introduced, and numerous plantations; many of which have not been in existence for more than ten or fifteen years, are now contributing to the world's supply.
- These disadvantages are at their maximum when the rubber trees are quite young.
- Another disadvantage of uncovered soil in a plantation of young rubber trees is that the ground under the heat of a tropical sun rapidly loses its moisture.Advertisement
- In the vast untrodden forests farther east there are timber trees of many kinds, incense trees, a great wealth of rubber trees of the Hevea genus, numerous varieties of beautiful palms, sarsaparilla, vanilla, ipecacuanha and copaiba.
- Path and Funtumia rubber trees are also cultivated by the department.
- The production of rubber is becoming an important industry, large plantations having been set with both Hevea and Castilloa rubber trees.