Roundheads sentence example
- One authority says of the crowd which gathered there: "They had the hair of their heads very few of them longer than their ears, whereupon it came to pass that those who usually with their cries attended at Westminster were by a nickname called Roundheads."
- The choir was occupied by the Roundheads during the Commonwealth, and was wrecked by the castle guns.
- At least 100 female camp followers were murdered or mutilated by battle-crazed Roundheads.
- The town, which was taken by the Roundheads during the Civil War, has the oldest courthouse in existence in Britain.
- Unlike the Roundheads, he wore his hair long.Advertisement
- During the Civil War, being garrisoned for the Roundheads, it was in 1644 captured by the Royalists, but in 1646 it fell into the hands of Fairfax.
- The Doppers (" roundheads ") and other dissentient bodies have also separate synods.