Roseate sentence example
- This last is the beautiful roseate tern, Sterna dougalli; the other is the black tern, Hydrochelidon nigra, belonging to a genus in which the toes are only halfwebbed, of small size and dark leaden-grey plumage.
- There were several stunning Roseate Spoonbills, White Ibis, Great, Little Blue and Snowy Egrets, also.
- In the Chaco area, the roseate spoonbill is common in the area 's large marshes and riverways.
- There are various interesting varieties; Rendatleri, a roseate form, is very free.
- Ross's or the roseate gull, Rhodostethia rosea, forms a well-marked genus, distinguished not so much by the pink tint of its plumage (for that is found in other species) but by its small dove-like bill and wedge-shaped tail.Advertisement
- Roseate Terns Sterna dougallii have returned to the site after an absence of six years with 2 breeding pairs recorded for 1997.
- The heron rookery at nearby Smith Oaks offers intimate looks at nesting Roseate Spoonbill, Tricolored Heron and Snowy and Great Egrets.
- In the Chaco area, the roseate spoonbill is common in the area's large marshes and riverways.
- There were several stunning Roseate spoonbills, White Ibis, Great, Little Blue and Snowy Egrets, also.
- Four species of terns on one of the Ternery Pool islands, including two black terns and a roseate tern.Advertisement
- Among these are the large white crane and small crane, the blue heron, the snowy-white egret, the roseate spoonbill (Platalea ajaja), stork, bittern and many species of ducks.