Rookeries sentence example
- The birds form immense breeding colonies, known as "rookeries."
- It shelters vast numbers of penguins (Eudyptes chrysocoma), which there form their rookeries.
- We will visit enormous penguin rookeries, land on beaches ruled by Antarctic fur seals and observe southern elephant seals wallowing in mud pools.
- We will visit enormous penguin rookeries, land on beaches ruled by antarctic fur seals and observe southern elephant seals wallowing in mud pools.
- Possibly visit vast penguin rookeries, land on beaches ruled by Antarctic fur seals or observe wallowing southern elephant seals.Advertisement
- Here there are Weddell and elephant seals, skuas, giant petrels, Antarctic terns and rookeries of chinstrap, gentoo and macaroni penguins.
- These 20 islands are home to five seal species, massive penguin rookeries as well as a wealth of seabirds from albatross to skuas.
- Breeding oysters are piled upon the rookeries, and their young become attached to the stakes and twigs provided for their reception, where they are allowed to remain until ready for use, when they are plucked off and sent to the market.
- During the voyage, expect to see enormous rookeries of Gentoo, Chinstrap and AdÃ©lie Penguins.
- Gulls and amphibious birds abound in large variety; three kinds of penguin have their rookeries and breed here, migrating yearly for some months to the South American mainland.Advertisement