Roofless sentence example
- The officers, as usual, lived in twos and threes in the roofless, half- ruined houses.
- was then wrecked, plundered and left roofless, all goods were pillaged, all cattle destroyed.
- Many of the houses are roofless and untenanted; for, after five centuries of prosperity under Venetian or Hungarian rule, an outbreak of plague in 1456 swept away the majority of the townsfolk, and ruined the survivors.
- The "auld haunted kirk," though roofless, is otherwise in a fair state of preservation, despite relic-hunters who have removed all the woodwork.
- The nave, restored in 1892, is used as the parish church, but the choir and transepts are roofless, though otherwise kept in repair.Advertisement
- Maria Libera, a handsome building in the Romanesque style, but now roofless.
- Temples are very rare, though these blocks of coral are sometimes surrounded by a roofless enclosure opening to the west.
- Rights do not mean much, he reasoned, to those with an "empty stomach, shirtless back, roofless dwellings ... unemployment and poverty, no education or medical attention."