Roods sentence example
- The " roods " themselves were not The simplest form is the " flat roof " consisting of horizontal wood joists laid from wall to wall as in floor construction.
- 5 See Machyn's Diary (Camden Soc. 42; London, 1848), p. 208, for St Bartholomew's day, 1559: "All the roods, and Maries and Johns, and many other of the church goods, both copes, crosses, censers, altar cloths, rood cloths, books, banners,.
- In 1249 John Mansel granted by charter to the burgesses that each should have five roods of land to his burgage as freehold on payment of 12d.
- Finally he was conveyed beyond the Burgh roods by the common executioner.
- roods of pasture in Wainfleet.Advertisement
- In addition to his farm property, John III had recently purchased a cottage and five roods of pasture in Wainfleet.