Roman type sentence example
- This received perforated tape is then used to control what is known as the printer or automatic typewriter, a machine that translates the tape perforations into letters and prints the messages in Roman type in page form.
- He was not only the oldest native dramatist, but the first author of an epic poem (Bellum Punicum) - which, by combining the representation of actual contemporary history with a mythical background, may be said to have created the Roman type of epic poetry.
- The ruins are interesting, and show that Antioch was a strongly fortified city of Hellenic and Roman type.
- The changes introduced by the Genevan translators were, as a rule, a great improvement, and the version received a ready welcome and immediate popularity, not only on account of its intrinsic merits, but because of its handy size, usually that of a small quarto, and of its being printed, like Whittingham's New Testament, in a readable Roman type instead of black letter.
- A forum of Roman type was laid out.Advertisement
- His moral ideal is no abstract one, and the virtues he praises are those which in his view made up the truly Roman type of character.
- The clean lines of the font (without the serif curlicues that decorate Times or New Roman type fonts) made it immensely popular in print and design.