Roll-call sentence example
- For all these reasons it is difficult to find out the number of deputies .,present at any given date, for votes by roll-call were rare.
- At noon, just as the French infantry were falling in for midday roll-call, sufficient guns were in position, and suddenly opened fire.
- If one aspirant has obtained on the first roll-call an absolute majority of the whole number of delegates votingor, in Democratic conventions, a majority of two-thirds of those votinghe is held to have been duly chosen, and the choice is then made unanimous.
- This, which is now the principal remnant of the old ascendancy of German, and the one point of unity for the whole monarchy, is a matter on which the government and the monarch allow no concession, but in the Hungarian parliament protests against it have been raised, and in 1899 and 1900 it was necessary to punish recruits from Bohemia, who answered the roll call in the Czechish zde instead of the German hier.
- Order after order was issued by the French commanders that day forbidding the men to disperse about the town, sternly forbidding any violence to the inhabitants or any looting, and announcing a roll call for that very evening.Advertisement
- And now Lovell 's is joining Convoys, Borthwick and Paynes Wharves in Deptford in the the roll-call of controversial riverfront developments.
- The Police Chief, Joe Winkle, told them that roll call would be at 6 o'clock, with the warning, "Do not be late."
- This roll call cheer is used in stark contrast to the Crestview Heights cheer squad, whose roll call is filled with "Sha boo ya, sha sha sha boo ya!" rhythms and much more individual introductions.
- The artistes now wearing make-up applied by airbrush reads like a Hollywood A-list roll call.