Riverine sentence example
- The riverine tribes build excellent canoes and large" fighting "boats, and are almost uniformly expert boatmen and fishermen and live much on the water; so much so that Hermann von Wissmann and other travellers were struck by the insignificant leg development of several of these tribes.
- Colorful Altamira Orioles and Green Jays inhabit the riverine woodlands, where Spanish Moss forms curtains on the branches of trees.
- River Mease Derbyshire; Leicestershire; Staffordshire The River Mease is a good example of a riverine population of spined loach Cobitis taenia.
- The junction of the last two provided us with the opportunity of birding riverine habitats next to an old dam complex.
- Throughout most of the villages in the rural tracts men, women and children all take part in the agricultural operations, although in riverine villages whole families often support themselves from the sale of petty commodities and eatables.Advertisement
- Red cedar (Cedrilla) abounds in the riverine flats, but the quality is poor and commercially valueless; and oaks are plentiful, but the wood is coarse.
- These Bantu races may be further divided into plain, forest and riverine tribes.
- Formation of this clay is possibly the result of recent geological sedimentation and particulate sorting due to riverine activity.
- The final activity of the day was a short walk in an area of nearby riverine forest.
- Away from the coast its preferred habitat is riverine woodland in dry country areas.Advertisement
- Riverine species differ distinctly from those of the surrounding forests.
- In T831, on the separation of Holland and Belgium, the former had become more amenable to reason; and a system was agreed upon which practically gave free navigation to the vessels of the riverine states, while imposing a moderate tariff upon foreign ships.
- Exposed riverine sediments (ERS) represent important river margin habitats that are associated typically with highly dynamic rivers with unregulated flow regimes.
- Its tall grasslands and riverine forest support a very high wild ungulate biomass which greatly exceeds that reported elsewhere in the Indian subcontinent.
- A vast amount of traffic is directed to Berlin, by means of the Havel-Spree system of canals, to the Thuringian states and the Prussian province of Saxony, to the kingdom of Saxony and Bohemia, and to the various riverine states and provinces of the lower and middle Elbe.Advertisement
- With the exception of a few riverine tribes, such as the Wagenia who are fishers only, all are agriculturists and the majority keen traders, going long distances to buy and sell goods, but there are marked differences among them corresponding to their environment.