Ridicules sentence example
- He ridicules the ambition of German writers to be classic, as Lessing had ridiculed their eagerness to be French.
- First performed in 1668, MoliÃ¨re's comedy cunningly ridicules the snobbery of the aristocracy and the foolish aspirations of the nouveau riche.
- In the more considerable of the elegiac fragments which have survived, he ridicules the doctrine of the migration of souls (xviii.), asserts the claims of wisdom against the prevalent athleticism, which seemed to him to conduce neither to the good government of states nor to their material prosperity (xix), reprobates the introduction of Lydian luxury into Colophon (xx.), and recommends the reasonable enjoyment of social pleasures (xxi.).
- First performed in 1668, MoliÃ¨re 's comedy cunningly ridicules the snobbery of the aristocracy and the foolish aspirations of the nouveau riche.
- The strange thing is that almost everyone who ridicules the fan with the book covered with rockets and spacewomen has no problem benefiting from the fruits of interesting scifi.Advertisement
- The first part of the Instructiones is addressed to the heathens and Jews, and ridicules the divinities of classical mythology; the second contains reflections on Antichrist, the end of the world, the Resurrection, and advice to Christians, penitents and the clergy.