Reviser sentence example
- It is of Jewish origin, but in part worked over by a Christian reviser.
- To a reviser in Domitian's reign we owe 8,12-14 and 6b, a clause in 9, brat opri ...
- When the reviser recast the passage it dealt not with the destruction of Jerusalem, but with the persecution of the Christians.
- The destruction of Rome has now become a secondary event: the reviser's thought is fixed on the final strife between the Lamb and the Antichrist.
- 1, which stands as a title, was probably, even according to the short form of it which is supported by MS. evidence, due to a reviser of the original.Advertisement
- Of the Germanicus Scaliger says - "A better text than that which Grotius has given, it is impossible to give"; but it is probable that Scaliger had himself been the reviser.
- It concludes with the usual Deuteronomic 3 Hence, it is to be inferred that the reviser had older written records before him.
- Though " some at least of the alterations in Codex Bezae arose through a gradual process, and not through the action of an individual reviser," the revision in question was the work of a single reviser, who in his changes and additions expressed the local interpretation put upon Acts in his own time.