Revetment sentence example
- Blocks of dressed stone overgrown by grass lie in regular formation; a series of parallel revetment walls on hills commanding passes exist, as do relics of ancient water-tanks.
- The LCP is, from the outside, no more sophisticated than a caravan protected by an earth revetment.
- Each mound was encircled by a carefully built stone revetment.
- Boundary: consists of the aforementioned ditch, with a stone wall forming a revetment to its inner face.
- These uses include revetment, ground stabilization and reinforcement, drainage and revegetation.Advertisement
- There are larger enclosures to the north, possibly connected with the farm, with a small moated island which has a stone revetment.
- The older wooden revetment consists of posts fixed into the beach with wooden slats between.
- A cutting to the north located a possible rampart strengthened by tipped stone with a vertical timber revetment.
- revetment wall forms the boundary, up to 2m high, on the roadside to the east.
- revetment work.Advertisement
- revetment systems.
- Boundary: a stone revetment wall forms the boundary, up to 2m high, on the roadside to the east.
- A rock revetment was constructed in 1992 in an attempt to address the basic cause of slope instability, i.e. basal wave erosion.
- Wattle hurdles for sheep fencing and garden use are available from hurdle makers, but are normally too expensive for bankside revetment work.
- Previously the earliest date was AD 52 from a river revetment.Advertisement
- Erosion by wave attack is combated by a wide range of revetment systems.