Retracting sentence example
- The whole is anteriorly somewhat loosely slung to the skin, so as to allow free play when the animal is extending or retracting its introvert.
- face-saving exercise, a retracting exercise from their point of view.
- In the male the penis can be exposed by retracting the foreskin with the fingers.
- retracting roof, has a seating capacity of 74,500 for sports events.
- undercarriage unit has twin wheels and is fitted with powerful brakes, retracting aft when the aircraft is airborne.Advertisement
- For example: when was the last time you heard of a newspaper retracting obvious untruths?
- The Millenium Stadium, the UK 's only stadium with a retracting roof, has a seating capacity of 74,500 for sports events.
- The main undercarriage unit has twin wheels and is fitted with powerful brakes, retracting aft when the aircraft is airborne.
- Unlike standard awnings, retracting awnings are less likely to be damaged during a storm (if retracted).
- Allow the the fabric to completely dry before retracting it.Advertisement
- On the 4th of June 1887 the official Vatican organ, the Osservatore Romano, published a letter written by Tosti to the pope conditionally retracting the views expressed in the pamphlet.
- When Charles X., after retracting the hated ordinances, sent the comte d'Argout 1 to Laffitte to negotiate a change of ministry, the banker replied, "It is too late.