Resistless sentence example
- An instant later the Tiger crouched and launched its huge body through the air swift and resistless as a ball from a cannon.
- The philosophy of history, by which Hebrew prophets could read a deep moral significance into national disaster and turn the flank of resistless attack, became one of the most important elements in the nation's faith.
- The severest drought never exhausts these reservoirs, and the heaviest rain can never convert these rivers into the resistless floods which they would be but for the moderating influence of the great lakes.
- resistless force?
- resistless power, shot him like an arrow to the brink.Advertisement
- resistless might Gave many a watery grave that night.
- Too often the brown, barren, sun-scorched ridges are obscured in the yellow dust haze which drifts upwards from the plains; too often the whole perspective of hill and vale is blotted out in the grey mists that sweep in soft, resistless columns against these southern slopes, to be condensed and precipitated in ceaseless, monotonous rainfall.
- Which Element chose the part it now plays out, hunched shoulders battling against the resistless force?
- The water, sweeping onward with resistless power, shot him like an arrow to the brink.
- Sailors surely will remember The eighth evening of December The hurricane 's resistless might Gave many a watery grave that night.Advertisement
- If we try to know the real world, we find ourselves distracted by opposite arguments (" ` Antithetic of Pure Reason "), plausible and resistless in attack, helpless in defence.