Resignations sentence example
- There were resignations and rumours of resignations.
- In 1910 some resignations took place among the higher officials.
- Supported by only small and dwindling majorities, they saw that it was hopeless to carry the measure, and they decided on placing their resignations in the queens hands.
- By the management of the princewho later in the reign was known as the prince consortthe great ladies of the household voluntarily tendered their resignations; and every obstacle to the formation of the new government was in this way removed.
- Two members of the governmentSpencer Walpole and Henleydeclined to be responsible for its provisions, and placed their resignations in Lord lYerbys hands.Advertisement
- And on the 18th the resignations were announced, not only of the more rigid freetraders in the cabinet, Mr Ritchie and Lord George Hamilton, but also of Mr Chamberlain.
- Others provide an immediate solution to filling the voids left by sudden resignations or long-term sickness.