Resentments sentence example
- Sir, I must now again beg you, not to let your resentments run so high, as to deprive us of your third book, wherein the application of your mathematical doctrine to the theory of comets and several curious experiments, which, as I guess by what you write, ought to compose it, will undoubtedly render it acceptable to those, who will call themselves Philosophers without Mathematics, which are much the greater number.
- Whatever his natural prejudices or natural resentments, he never allowed these to influence his policy.
- He was as keen in his resentments as he was ardent in his friendships; fondly attached to his family, he yet disliked a deserving son; he gave full praise to Leibnitz and Leonhard Euler, yet was blind to the excellence of Sir Isaac Newton.
- A whole literature of criticism and apology made its appearance, and the achievement of so many years of patient labour seemed destined to perish in a storm of resentments.
- moralistic stance will intensify her resentments, since resentment is the ground of social morality.Advertisement
- Yet there is genuine pathos in the regrets and resentments of the two sisters.
- The friars were in no way mistreated: Californians did not share Mexican resentments against Spaniards, and the national laws directed against these were in the main quietly ignored in the province.
- Even so, one thing you can count on is Aries forgetting what he was angry about the second the situation has passed; this is not a sign that holds onto resentments.
- Perhaps it’s is because of this trait that Aries doesn’t like others who do hold onto resentments.