Reproachful sentence example
- "Excuse my coming to you, cousin," she said in a reproachful and agitated voice.
- "Now what does this mean, gentlemen?" said the staff officer, in the reproachful tone of a man who has repeated the same thing more than once.
- She shook her head and fixed him with a reproachful gaze.
- The command which his idiosyncrasies had upon him is shown, for example, by reproachful speeches on the treatment of Ireland, and by a startling harangue on behalf of the Chartists, at a time when such irregularities could but damage him, a new man, where he hoped for influence and office.
- At the time, the term "idiot" was objective, but Down himself suggested that it be replaced with "feeble-minded" because the term was becoming a reproachful designation.Advertisement
- All but Ben were casting rather reproachful glances upon him.
- reproachful looks at the offender.
- reproachful glances upon him.
- reproachful eyes; the guilt lay elsewhere.
- Start moaning while casting reproachful looks at the offender.Advertisement
- No patient would ever look at him with reproachful eyes; the guilt lay elsewhere.