Rejoins sentence example
- On the polar side of the high-pressure area a west wind drift is under the control of the " roaring forties," and on reaching South Africa part of this is deflected and sent northwards along the west coast as the cold Benguella current which rejoins the equatorial.
- Vienna extends along the right bank of the Danube from the historic and legendary Kahlenberg to the point where the Danube Canal rejoins the main stream, being surrounded on the other side by a considerable stretch of land which is rather rural than suburban in character.
- Part of this rejoins the North Equatorial Current, and part probably forms the variable Mexican Current, which follows the coasts of Mexico and California close to the land.
- Yes, rejoins Lange, but Kant has proved that material are merely mental phenomena; so that the more the materialist proves his case the more surely he is playing into the hands of the idealist - an answer which would be complete if it did not turn on the equivocation of the word " phenomenon," which in science means any positive fact, and not a mere appearance, much less a mental appearance, to sense and sensory experience.
- A second offset, under the name of the Kalang river, rejoins the parent stream a short distance above the town of Gauhati.Advertisement
- Stoicism rejoins, What is God not?
- His acquaintance rejoins: "In that case, venerable Gotama, your way lies yonder !"
- from 1 A furo is a natural canal - sometimes merely a deviation from the main channel, which it ultimately rejoins, sometimes a connexion across low flat country between two entirely separate streams.
- Philae is the nearest island to the point where the ancient desert road from Assuan rejoins the river south of the cataract.
- The blackcock then rejoins his male associates, and the female is left to perform the labours of hatching and rearing her young brood.Advertisement
- The footpath rejoins the coast and the cycleway at Llanddulas.
- After passing the pines there is an obvious track which eventually rejoins the path back to the marina.
- Window in wall opens into twisting trench which soon rejoins stream in high passage lowering to shingle chokes upstream.