Reinfection sentence example
- A vaccine takes advantage of the fact that infection with polio leads to an immune reaction, which will give the person permanent, lifelong immunity from reinfection with the form of poliovirus for which the person was vaccinated.
- Once exposed, reinfection does not occur in healthy individuals.
- Treatment is usually very successful if followed with the prevention guidelines to prevent reinfection and doing a retreatment within two weeks after the first.
- Old toothbrushes should be replaced to prevent reinfection.
- Recurring infections are an indication that the immune system is not responding normally and that immunity to reinfection has not developed.Advertisement
- Follow-up care is recommended to detect treatment failures and reinfection.
- In addition, persons should be immunized against diphtheria after recovery, because having the disease does not always induce antitoxin formation and protect them from reinfection.
- Once infected, a person is believed to be immune to reinfection.