Refutes sentence example
- The wildness of this tale refutes itself.
- The Rational Psychology formulates immortality on the ground that the immaterial soul has no parts to suffer decay - the argument which Kant's Critique of Pure Reason " refutes" with special reference to the statement of it by Moses Mendelssohn.
- Suarez refutes the patriarchal theory of government and the divine right of kings founded upon it---doctrines popular at that time in England and to some extent on the Continent.
- In 1874 Welles published Lincoln and Seward, in which he refutes the charge that Seward dominated the Administration during the Civil War.
- It refutes article by article the confession of Cyril Lucaris, which appeared in Latin at Geneva in 1629, and in Greek, with the addition of four "questions," in 1633.Advertisement
- Thus, by the criterion of harmony, Shaftesbury refutes Hobbes, and deduces the virtue of benevolence as indispensable to morality.
- In dealing with money, he refutes the Mercantile School, which had tended to confound it with wealth.
- In the Apology, after contrasting the judicial treatment of Christians with that of other accused persons, he refutes the accusations brought against the Christians of atheism, eating human flesh and licentiousness, and in doing so takes occasion to make a vigorous and skilful attack on pagan polytheism and mythology.
- This Association totally refutes the assertion of HAS that teachers are failing to deliver their part of the McCrone Agreement.
- refutes this assertion.Advertisement
- His letter decisively refutes every one of Mr Hitchens ' spurious points.
- I believe Deut 6: 4-7 refutes this assertion.
- Many teens love these types of shirts because it refutes the notion that Christians are 'boring' and don't know how to have fun.