Reflexed sentence example
- The very large acorns are remarkable for their thick cups with long reflexed scales; the leaves are large, oblong, with deep serratures terminating in a bristle-like point.
- EARTH-STAR (Geaster), in botany, a kind of puff-ball, with a distinct outer coat which, on separating from the inner, splits into several divisions, which become reflexed and spread like a star.
- cyclamineus is a pretty dwarf subspecies, native of Portugal, with narrow linear leaves and drooping flowers with reflexed lemon-yellow segments and an orange-yellow corona N.
- truncatum the flowers have a very different aspect from that of other Cacti, from the mouth of the tube being oblique and the segments all reflexed at the tip. The short separate pieces of which these plants are made up grow out of each other, so that the branches may be said to resemble leaves joined together endwise.
- auratum; or assuming a pendulous habit, with the tips strongly reflexed, e.g.Advertisement
- dens-canis, the Dog's Tooth Violet, is a pretty dwarf bulbous plant with spotted leaves, and rosy or white flowers produced in spring, and having reflexed petals.
- cardinalis, 2 to 3 ft., has scarlet flowers, with the limb segments reflexed; M.
- Drummondii, 2 to 3 ft., with the ray-florets reflexed, yellow at the tip and purplishbrown towards the base; R.
- The sepals are leafy and persistent; the corolla is generally divided into a longer or shorter tube and a limb which is spreading, as in primrose, or reflexed, as in Cyclamen; in Soldanella it is bell-shaped; in Lysimachia the tube is often very short, the petals appearing almost free; in Glaux the petals are absent.
- In their direction they are erect or reflexed (with their apices downwards), spreading outwards (divergent or patulous), or arched inwards (connivent).Advertisement
- A 21 key chanter is also possible with a reflexed bore to bring the lowest keys within reach - compass g to b 11.
- Aslan (from Unwins) has fully double reflexed petals -- have all the appearance of a shaggy lion's mane.
- It is 6 to 8 inches high, and the scapes are about the same length, each bearing a bright golden reflexed flower.
- N. grandiflorus is a very large floppy variety, N. poetarum has a saffron-red crown, and N. tripodalis has reflexed segments and a bold crimson-scarlet ring.
- The typical form is 1 to 3 feet high, the stems in summer being terminated by reflexed, tubular, waxy-white flowers, which are sweetly scented.Advertisement
- There are several varieties, the best being the early variety now called pracox, of rather dwarf habit, with long, pointed, three-nerved, dark green foliage; the flowers are of great substance, tubular, and but little reflexed at the tip.