Reflexed sentence example
- The very large acorns are remarkable for their thick cups with long reflexed scales; the leaves are large, oblong, with deep serratures terminating in a bristle-like point.
- The sepals are leafy and persistent; the corolla is generally divided into a longer or shorter tube and a limb which is spreading, as in primrose, or reflexed, as in Cyclamen; in Soldanella it is bell-shaped; in Lysimachia the tube is often very short, the petals appearing almost free; in Glaux the petals are absent.
- In their direction they are erect or reflexed (with their apices downwards), spreading outwards (divergent or patulous), or arched inwards (connivent).
- A 21 key chanter is also possible with a reflexed bore to bring the lowest keys within reach - compass g to b 11.
- Aslan (from Unwins) has fully double reflexed petals -- have all the appearance of a shaggy lion's mane.Advertisement
- It is 6 to 8 inches high, and the scapes are about the same length, each bearing a bright golden reflexed flower.
- N. grandiflorus is a very large floppy variety, N. poetarum has a saffron-red crown, and N. tripodalis has reflexed segments and a bold crimson-scarlet ring.
- The typical form is 1 to 3 feet high, the stems in summer being terminated by reflexed, tubular, waxy-white flowers, which are sweetly scented.
- There are several varieties, the best being the early variety now called pracox, of rather dwarf habit, with long, pointed, three-nerved, dark green foliage; the flowers are of great substance, tubular, and but little reflexed at the tip.