Reflecting-telescopes sentence example
- The first constructor of reflecting telescopes on a large scale, William Herschel, never published anything about his methods of casting and polishing specula, and he does not appear to have been very successful beyond specula of 18 in.
- His name is best known for the improvements he effected in the mirrors of reflecting telescopes and especially in the construction of the microscope.
- Foucault invented in 1857 the polarizer which bears his name, and in the succeeding year devised a method of giving to the speculum of reflecting telescopes the form of a spheroid or a paraboloid of revolution.
- But, having ascertained by experiment that for all colours of light the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflexion, he turned his attention to the construction of reflecting telescopes.
- construction of most modern reflecting telescopes.Advertisement
- Because almost all reflecting telescopes produce diffraction spikes, many people are used to seeing them and don't consider them an aberration.