Refitting sentence example
- When the campaign of 1915 had disclosed the incredible inefficiency and corruption of the Russian War Office, Guchkov threw his whole energy into the work of refitting the army on the technical side.
- There are great naval docks, refitting yards, magazines and stores on the south-east side of the Grand Harbour; small vessels of war have also been built here.
- In 1653 Deane was with Blake in command at the battle off Portland and later took the most prominent and active part in the refitting of the fleet on the reorganization of the naval service.
- The principal industries are now the manufacture of glass and chemicals, and ship-building and ship refitting and repairing, for which there are docks capable of receiving the largest vessels.
- Because of these explorations, and also the long-felt need of a refitting point on the California coast for the galleons from Manila, San Diego was occupied in 1769 and Monterey in 1770 as a result of urgent orders from Charles III.Advertisement
- His men now suffering from scurvy, and his vessels requiring refitting, he anchored at Buru, one of the Moluccas, where the governor of the Dutch settlement supplied his wants.
- refitting the ship and the purchase of the property belonging to the Forest Gate District has been £ 30,000.
- unlooked-for consequence, turned on the refitting of condemned ships.
- A little later when he went up to the large circle, Anna Pavlovna said to him: "I hear you are refitting your Petersburg house?"
- The whole cost of refitting the ship and the purchase of the property belonging to the Forest Gate District has been £ 30,000.Advertisement
- Our last dispute, which had a most unlooked-for consequence, turned on the refitting of condemned ships.
- January 03 2004 Keith Lines cleans out a thread hole before refitting the valve spindle covers.