Reestablished sentence example
- Deidre shifted away then eyed him when he reestablished the touch.
- This act was amended in 1897 to meet the wishes of the Roman Catholic minority, but separate schools were not reestablished; nor was the council divided into denominational committees.
- The fleet was restored, and recaptured Lemnos and other islands which had passed into the hands of the Venetians; the revolts caused by Kuprili's severity were put down, and tranquillity was reestablished in Transylvania.
- By decree of the 24th of November 1860, the ministry of Algeria and the colonies was abolished and the office of governor-general reestablished with increased powers.
- Lettres de cachet were abolished by the Constituent Assembly, but Napoleon reestablished their equivalent by a political measure in the decree of the 9th of March 1801 on the state prisons.Advertisement
- Thus the unification of the realm, which Dagobert had reestablished with so much pains, was annulled.
- Under such a ruler law and order were speedily reestablished.
- The decisive event, which turned defeat into victory and reestablished courage and faith, was the resurrection of Jesus from the dead and his reappearance to his disciples.
- As soon as Castelar saw universal suffrage reestablished he solemnly declared in the Cortes that his task was accomplished, his political mission at an end, and that he proposed to devote the remainder of his life to those literary, historical, philosophical, and economic studies which he had never neglected even in the busiest days of his political career.
- It became, indeed, subservient to the Romanist archbishopric of Prague, which had been reestablished by Ferdinand I.Advertisement
- The Theological College was founded in 1810, incorporated with Trinity College, Glenalmond, in 1848, and reestablished at Edinburgh in 1876.
- The intervention of Mazarin, despatched by the pope, who saw no other means of detaching Italy from Spain than by introducing France into the affair, brought about the signature of the armistice of Rivalte on the 4th of September 1630, soon developed into the peace of Cherasco, which reestablished the~agreement with the still fugitive duke of Savoy (June 1631).
- Circuit City reestablished themselves as an online retailer only when the brick-and-mortar stores went defunct.
- She also reestablished herself as a serious singer, releasing the eponymous Cher in 1987 and Heart of Stone in 1989.