Reelection sentence example
- He was himself defeated in this year for reelection to Congress.
- He was elected for 1903 and by reelection served for 12 years.
- In 1913 he entered the U.S. Senate, succeeding Winthrop Murray Crane, but was defeated for reelection in 1919.
- He served two terms in the Ohio Senate (1900-4), and during the second was influential in securing Senator Foraker's reelection to the U.S. Senate.
- Some powers to be thought that seeing as I'm not standing for reelection, they might as well get the office in shape for the new guy.Advertisement
- The Liberal party had been instrumental in the reelection of Nunez, and looked for a policy in conformity with their views and political convictions.
- Protests against the war and President Johnson himself had grown so strident by 1968 that he wisely chose not to run for reelection.
- She was also associated after 1886 with the National American Woman's Suffrage Association as lecturer, vice-president-at-large, and from 1904-15 as president, when she declined reelection.
- As an Opposition leader he also congratulated the Speaker upon his reelection.
- When he lost reelection, the politician found that he didn't like being abased by his party.Advertisement