Reeking sentence example
- The town, which was found to be reeking of human sacrifices, was partly burned, and on the 22nd the expedition started on its return.
- Its title was suggested by the programme of the Spectator : and the compiler claimed the place for his songs "e'en while the tea's fill'd reeking round," which Addison sought for his speculations at the hour set apart "for tea and bread and butter."
- Before the shrines reeking with the stench of slaughter the eternal fires were kept burning, and on the platform stood the huge drum, covered with snakes' skin, whose fearful sound was heard for miles.
- reeking up to heaven.
- reeking with filth and dirt.Advertisement
- I speak from 15 years of experience in this There has never yet been an attacker who was not reeking with crime.
- It's full of great, memorable hooks, powerful choruses and dynamic riffs, whilst still reeking of pure malevolence.
- reeking of booze.
- reeking havoc on the normally tranquil city of Milton Keynes.
- reeking with stench and the worst sort of abomination.Advertisement
- It was simply reeking with cholera germs, having a mud floor that had become saturated with filth.
- Ten to one he'll stagger in reeking of booze.
- The woman had a black eye, and was in a wretched condition, whilst the house was reeking with filth and dirt.
- I inspected several very closely and found them reeking with stench and the worst sort of abomination.
- Not far away giant funeral pyres send the last hopes of much of the farming industry reeking up to heaven.Advertisement
- Reeking havoc and mayhem wherever they go will be typical for this immature couple.
- We then continued the motion reeking havoc on the normally tranquil city of Milton Keynes.